Thursday, February 20, 2014

This Is My Friend Greg Wells





Greg lived his whole life, 63 years,  in the San Lorenzo Valley…a life that ended suddenly last week.


Greg was a big teddy bear of a man, husband, father, grandfather, brother and friend to many here in the Valley. In his life he did many jobs, including roofing and plumbing. And along the way he found Jesus!



Yes, Greg was a Christian, a good man, and, most importantly,  a good friend…we had just seen each other a few days before at Tuesday lunch, we had a nice talk and parted laughing and hugging   (Greg was a great hugger!)   and as he walked away he said “I love you” which I said back! 

It’s a wonderful memory to have!



One other word to describe Greg was homeless (and I’m afraid it will be the word most people latch onto). Sadly, in his later life, because of circumstances, bad timing and maybe a few bad decisions, he found himself on the street…most of the time it didn’t seem to phase him, but I know it’s a hard life…and the only reason I mention it now is because if it wasn’t for his homelessness, I would  never have met him and forged a very special friendship. God does work in mysterious ways!



So I will just tell people about Greg using all those other descriptions…especially good man and good friend!



It makes me cry with joy to imagine the huge hug he gave Jesus when they met!


And the hug he got back!!



There’s a lot of stunned people in the Valley missing you Greg!


Rest In Peace my brother.





And let me offer up this song from Vince Gill








I know your life
On earth was troubled
And only you could know the pain
You weren't afraid to face the devil
You were no stranger to the rain

 

Go rest high on that mountain
‘Cause, Son, your work on earth is done
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son

 

Oh, how we cried the day you left us
And gathered round your grave to grieve
Wish I could see the angels’ faces
When they hear your sweet voice sing

 

Go rest high on that mountain
‘Cause, Son, your work on earth is done
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son

 

Go rest high on that mountain
‘Cause, Son, your work on earth is done
Go to Heaven a shoutin'
Love for the Father and the Son



Go to Heaven a shoutin’

Love for the Father and the Son


1 comment:

  1. Ralphie, that is a beautiful tribute. Greg would be so pleased and happy with what you said and what you feel. Thank You for sharing this !!!

    March 8, 2014 at 7:45 PM

    ReplyDelete